Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Anyone got any advice on dealing with your husbands ex?

My husband and I have been married for 5 years. I have 2 daughters and my husband has 3 sons. My daughters and 1 of his sons lives with us. Life for the most part is really good, but we have so many problems with his other 2 boys and his ex wife. She is a horrible mother and makes really bad decisions, therfore her 2 sons make really bad choices and then Dad is expected to step in and clean up. It makes me crazy, and my hate for the ex wife come between my husband and I. How do I not let her get to me????Anyone got any advice on dealing with your husbands ex?
That would be your husband's job.Anyone else that tries to fix it will only make it worse.Anyone got any advice on dealing with your husbands ex?
yeah if he is harraing get a restraing order
well first you have to step back and stay out of it. if she is coming between you and your husband. i know it sounds easy to do if i am not in your shoes, but at least you wont be blamed and accused by anyone in the situation. your husband knows she is irresponsible and you cant always clean up other peoples mess. some times the mess gets on you. just do what is necessary and let her fall on her a** a few times and see you all will not come to the rescue. you all are enabling her to screw up and she thinks she has a safety net. so stop it now before it gets worse.
Watch the movie The Ex Wives Club you'll get a lot of ideas
First of all, been there, done that. Hating the ex-wife is not healthy for your relationship with anyone - your husband, daughters, step sons, etc. You can only exercise control over your own children and what happens in your own house. Are you basing the fact that she's a horrible mother on what your husband tells you, or have you actually talked to the woman or observed first hand her lack of parenting abilities? It may be that you and she need to have a talk about all the kids because they interact together. You may be surprised what you find out.
Send the 2 sons and her mom to Iraq
Take an ax, and split her head!!!!!!!!! Sorry, I was just joking. Just keep your husband close, and that will keep the ex on the outside. support you husband and don't let the ex come between the two of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment