Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you deal with your ex?

I have a son and I do not get along with his dad. We have not been together for over 8 years. Both of us have moved on, me being married for six years and he is on girl #2 since the split. He somehow has it in his head that I am still enamored with him. When we talk on the phone it always turns into an argument. He constantly says that I am ';jealous and bitter'; of his relationship with his new girlfriend. I have never even met her! I could care less about either one of them and would pretty much prefer to never speak to him again. But I have to because of my child. What can I say to get him to stop saying I am jealous and bitter? It's ridiculous because I am very much in love with my husband. He is wonderful.





Let me also mention that he is a narcissist and extremely egotistical.How do you deal with your ex?
When he says you are bitter because you still love him just start talking about what you were talking about before. He does this to get a reaction out of you. If you do not show any emotion he will grow tired. My BFF was going through something similar. Except this guy would write her middle name on the child support check which he knew she couldn't stand. Her middle name has an ugly meaning and she has even tried to legally remove it. She would take the checks and even though it killed her inside she would thank him and go. Eventually he just stopped. People like him get off on making your life miserable. Believe me, this guy has done everything in his power to do just that. What you have to do is rise above him. By not arguing you are showing that you are the more responsible and mature parent. She constantly strives to get along with him because of their son. At the end you will be the victor.How do you deal with your ex?
Seems there is no winning with dealing with your ex. So don't talk to him unless it's extremely important in regards to your son.





People like that make conversations (civil ones) impossible and his words seem like he's jealous of you -- and unhappy with his life.





Maybe get a lawyer or a third party who could facilitate conversations regarding your son so you don't have to speak to your ex.





And if you have to speak to your ex - only speak to him regarding your son. Anything else comes up - end the conversation. Period.
At this point you should leave the calling up to your son. If there is a problem, then you can talk to your ex. I assume that your son is over 8 now so it's ok for him to talk to his dad and you don't need to. I would laugh when he says you are bitter, because he sounds jealous of you.. not the other way around.
I will not let myself be affected by anything he says. Ignore. Better yet, let your current husband know about it. He might be able to deal this one man-to-man.
Don't engage in those arguments. When he starts saying things like that, say ';conversation over'; and let it go.
I usually ignore my ex and talk to her ONLY when necessary...she still tries to play head games with me, but I just focus on the important things...namely my daughter.
are you sure you don't care? If you dont, then why worry about what he thinks?
I only contact my ex when when need to discuss something that involves the 3 children that we share....We NEVER discuss personal issues...I am happily remarried and he is still single.....

No comments:

Post a Comment