Monday, August 16, 2010

Do you ever miss your ex? How do you deal with it?

I broke up with my fiance about a year ago, and at the time, I felt a great deal of relief. The relief was because things had gotten so bad that I knew marriage wasn't the right choice for us. She moved to another state after the breakup and I am completely out of touch. But from time to time, I get nostalgic, and I miss her. This has been happening more often lately, instead of less often. I've been dating since then and currently have been dating a woman for about 6 weeks. Does it make any sense that I miss my ex more in many ways now than before, even though I know we are not right for each other? I hate that feeling... What would you do if you were/are in a similar circumstance?Do you ever miss your ex? How do you deal with it?
You are missing her more now because you are in a relationship with someone and you are probably doing things that remind you of the time you all spent together. That's alright. A lot of people go through that. Only time will heal. Try not to think about her. Do things with the person you are with now that you didn't do with your ex and don't remind yourself of anything that has to do with your past together. Everything will be alright. Time will heal.Do you ever miss your ex? How do you deal with it?
Your just lonely. Even thou you have been dating you are jumping to find someone to fast so you are not making wise picks and picking what you would normally look for. You have only been dating the women you are with for 6 weeks yet you said you have been dating since the break up which means you have been in more than one relationship. If you learn to live with out a women it will help you not be so desperate when picking one, which will help you select better.
I was in this situation a month ago. My ex and I dated for over a year and things became bitter towards the end. It makes perfect sense that you miss her. You're missing the way she made you feel and etc.. It's natural. When I was in your situation I thought about all the bad things and never the good. I just kept my mind occupied with other things. Just keep dating...you'll find the one to make you forget all about your ex. I did!
The only thing I miss about my ex is the family things with used to do with the kids. But my kids are adults now and I have a better relationship with them as adults. When I start to feel nostalgic, I remind myself why he and I divorced in the first place. (Verbal and physical abuse and threats to kill me.) I remind myself how lucky I am to be away from that and don't ever want to go back there.
It is because you are in a new relationship, and those feelings that you have when you first start dating someone remind you of your time with her.





Everytime you think of her, replace the thought with something good about the new girl...





Good luck, time does truly heal all wounds.



It is funny how the old expression rings true, absence makes the heart grow fonder. For what it might help you, here is an article that might offer you some closure to that relationship, as well as help with this new women you obviously care for. I hope something here might offer some help in finding an answer to your question. Best wishes to you! Peace......River
You'll have times when you think you about ex more and you'll be wondering what would have happened or could have. Try just to move on, accept what has happened. Remember things happen for a reason and you'll soon realise that when you meet your perfect partner.






when i miss my ex i just talk to him on line and whenever that happens i realize why he's my ex in the first place we just always end up fighting. i mean sometimes we get along but most of the time we don't. i think leave the past in the past and move on
I am going through a similar circumstance now,.. I just try to engage myself with my friends / family. And keep myself busy as much as possible, they say that time heals all wounds,.. I have yet to see that, but I am sure it will eventually. I hope you the best of luck!!
You just haven't met anyone yet that you feel as strongly for or more so than you did your ex. These are common feelings. BUT...if you would want to contact her and see how she is doing you may find out she feels the same way you do....who knows.
When thoughts of my ex creep into my brain and I start to feel those pangs... I remind myself of how poorly he treated me and that I wouldn't want to be with a cheater and liar.





It tends to work. If not, stiff drink. ;)
It's really kind of like buyers remorse except it's just the opposite. I don't know if it has a name so i'm going to call is breakup remorse.
get over her


she was a girly woman anyway
I miss her like cancer. She was a user and now I'm down and out for close to 5 years.
yes i miss my ex but some time its good to be buy your safe
No freakin way....he was a douchebag...





You probably are only remembering her in the context of the good times and are forgetting the reasons why a relationship with her didn't work out...The grass may seem greener on the other side, but I can pretty much promise that it's not and those reasons and feelings that caused you to leave in the first place will come back. However, if you have only been with this other chick for about 6 weeks, be honest with her and let her know how you feel before she becomes more attached and emotionally invested....
I don't miss my ex and we separated less than a month ago. We are getting a divorce and to me, that's the best decision I have made in a long time.





There were a lot of things wrong in the marriage and then one big thing ended it for good.





You are not wrong to miss her, but I wouldn't try to dwell on it. You are with someone new and the woman you are now dating is probably a lot better than your x or else you wouldn't be dating her.





Good luck and hope all goes well!
I think if a person gets lonely, there is a tendency to miss what you had with a past partner, even if a lot of it was bad. Kind of like kids who'll take negative attention, as opposed to no attention.


Also, it's easy enough to ';forget'; the bad, or think maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. And, you knew her. Anyone you are dating, you have that get to know them time. So, they aren't comfortable at first.


And, it's Fall, (at least where I am) and the leaves are off the trees, it's getting colder, all things that can be a little depressing or make a person nostalgic.


What would I do? First of all, I wouldn't get too serious about the girl you are dating, if you are still having feelings for someone else, because that's not fair to her.


Secondly, I would sit down and really look at your past with her, because you said yourself that there was a lot of relief when you broke up with your fiance, and I think that's the feeling you should focus on. Because at that point in time, you weren't feeling nostalgic, you were seeing things as they really were.


I can't say I've ever missed an ex very much, because the situations were good to get out of, but I have missed long ago boyfriends. It passes. I guess we get so busy with life, that we don't have a lot of time to dwell on things like that.


Maybe try to stay busy, and most of all, be honest with yourself. I think you called it right the first time.


God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment