Friday, August 20, 2010

How long did it take you to get over an ex or break-up?

I was with my ex for eight years and he decided to cheat and leave me for someone else, It sucks cuz he's already moved on and happy and I'm still sad and in disbelief about the whole thing. So I want to know from people who have experienced break-ups how long it took you to get over your ex, how long you were with them, what you did to get over them, and how did you deal if your significant other cheated on you and left you for that person?How long did it take you to get over an ex or break-up?
Until you can find closure to the whole thing and find someone else, you will be able to get over it.How long did it take you to get over an ex or break-up?
My ex and I were only together a year (compared to your 8), and it has been about nine months since he broke up with me. I'm over our break-up, but still not completely over him. We speak on a friend basis now and I will always love him. He tells me he loves me (just not in ';that way';) which makes the situation even worse. I think you may not completely get over him. A part of you will always still love him, but your sensible part will tell you that you deserve better and he didn't deserve you in the first place. I know it's hard, and it will hurt, but I think you will be fine. Good luck! Remember that everything happens for a reason and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger!
For be it's been an average of (2) years since when I love, I give everything I have.





I do not regret it since it is the only way to experience love. Also you must hurt to know happiness...
As long as it took to locate an apartment.
It depended on the guy. Sometimes six months, sometimes a year, and there was one guy I obsessed about for almost ten years.
take the amount of months you dated and divide by two and thats how long it should take.. unless u 2 still hook up


which is a bad idea cause he will have his cake and eat it too and remember, time heals all.
you're not alone..





i was cheated on too--sad news, at first i didn't care.


but after a while i really missed him, to the extreme...


i found out that he was lying to be through are whole relationship--depressing stuff, but he still likes me


[which is kinda creepy] so i tease him and flirt like crazy with him..hehe
Well, I had a boyfriend and he cheated on me, it was nothing major, but it got to me, so it took me about a month, then we got back together, but it just wasn't the same, so after that, another month and a half because I was devastated that I knew it could never be the same again =/
2 years..yes 2 years!


we broke up bec. he


simply cheated!


it hurts alot, but with


the help of my gurl friends,


i learned to move on!


its been half a year b4


i get over him..


its sucks!really!


how?


bec. i felt that im so


god damn beautiful


inside and out and i


DONT DESERVED to


be cheated.,:b





he tried to talked to


me to fix it, but i said


i wanted to but the trust


will never go back.


without the trust, the


relationship will never


work out..
Until I found the next one.


I was broken hearted....devastated....I didn't know what to do.


Then, after about a month, I found the woman that ended up being my wife. That was 17 years ago and we've been happily married ever since.


I, now, realize how foolish I was to be so devastated about a girl who, obviously, didn't feel anything for me.





I wasn't, necessarily, looking for love. It just happened. Sometimes, love comes along when you least expect it.
10 months and counting.... we were together almost 2 years. yes he was a cheater but thats not why we broke up. expect a long hard road. hang in there.
IDK
as long as it took for them to walk out the door... because I know that if they were gone then it wasn't ment to be and that I will find the right person one day... which I already have.
I was dating my ex for 5 years. He didn't CHEAT ... but he was climbing up the ladder. We have been off and on for a year because I couldn't trust him and although he is truly sorry for what he did and people make mistakes.. we both weren't sure if we could ever mend the damage he caused to our relationship. I broke up with him at the end of Dec in 07 we are still apart... but were thinking of trying to work things out.. so im not over my ex.But I can give you some advice.





In every situation it's different and getting over your ex varies from person to person. I suggest, keep yourself occupied, forcing yourself not to do weak things like; calling him, looking through your pictures, force yourself not to think about him. Even try dating. That's the only thing you can really do. There's no one cure really for a broken heart.. but I hoped I helped.
about 4 months. it just depends on how you can motivate yourself to not think about them. and also how much you really loved them.
I have heard from many different sources that it takes about half the time you spent together, to get over someone.





Not necessarily true, but that's what I heard : )

No comments:

Post a Comment