Monday, August 16, 2010

Is there ever a good way to deal with splitting from your ex?

I split from my ex fiancee two weeks ago due to a number of commitment issues on her part - in short I was doing all the giving and holding out wavering hope that this would be the right thing because of no reciprocation on her part I decided to call it quits.





I have gone through everything from wanting to cry then crying, to feeling angry then being angry at myself. I dont have any friends nor family I can speak to apart from my best friend who I feel is leaving me to get myself sorted out. For some reason shes been very distant with me and I have no idea why, maybe somethings happened in her own life but everyday she would see how I was.





I hardly hear from her now, I suppose shes allowing me to go through this grieving time on my own all I do know is I'm awake during the night and sleep the whole day and I dont even feel like eating that much at the moment.





I know it sounds pitiful but I thought my best friend wpuld see how I am as she knows full well what I'm going through.Is there ever a good way to deal with splitting from your ex?
Who is this best friend you are chatting about? Your ex fiancee?





You should just be happy you broke the engagement, you got exactly what you wanted.. FREEDOM, now go and enjoy it.





Your ex fiancee is correct in not contacting you. You can't and should not be friends after a break up.Is there ever a good way to deal with splitting from your ex?
oh my dear how come you do not have family? did you you listen to your friends advice? may be you should.
The end of a relationship is painful for almost everyone involved. Those who run off with another partner don't seem to have much problem with their actions, but sooner or later I'm sure it catches up to them. But once the breakup occurs there is a grieving process that turns your world inside out. And it sounds like you're going thru it right now. Don't isolate yourself from the rest of the world. Get out there and be with other people. Force yourself to keep on moving and find other things you're interested in. The grieving process feels long and drawn out, but day by day there are little signs of improvement. Somewhere in this world is the perfect partner for you. Keep yourself moving and someday you'll run right into them.
You are just going through the motions and it will work out...





It could be that she feels you need your space or she just does not know how to cope with seeing you all messed up...





Regardless, you should ask her why she is alientating you...





Good luck.
Go see a doctor and get some meds. No woman is worth crying over for too long. You called it quits because the relationship wasn't fulfilling you, what do you have to cry about, the fact that she did not even notice you were gone! Or is it that the other lady in your life, did not run in and try to pick up the pieces and make you feel alright again. Self Pity is not pretty!
Maybe your best friend doesn't realise just how much you need her. Try explaining, without making her feel awkward. You will get over this, it will take time, but you will feel better, week by week. Certiantly your best friend could help you with this (are you sure you haven't got any feelings for this 'friend' as this seems to concern you more than splitting with your ex?). Good luck. I hope it all works out, as I'm sure it will.
If you need your friend's support, ask for it. ';I need to get out and get my mind off this, you want to do something?'; Avoid the ex girlfriend. She is distant because she's not that in to you. Sorry!
Maybe your friend doesn't know what to do to help you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment