Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you deal with your partner being friends with an ex?

This ex has been very disrespectful to me in the past. He as spoken to her about it, but for awhile, she continued to disrespect me. Things are better now but I find it hard not to worry.How do you deal with your partner being friends with an ex?
You don't deal with it!





If your partner NEEDS to be friends with his ex and needs her approval, he isn't really over her. If he was over her he wouldn't need her in his life. You have discernment you should be able to tell if the friendship between them is truly platonic, I suggest if he got the broken heart (she broke up with him) and he still feels the need to be friends with her he isn't over her. Give him space move out/ away / back off a bit... he needs to know what he misses. Why does your partner allow his ex to a) be in contact with you and b) be disrespectful to you? The fact that you posted this message means that it concerns you.... say you married the boy- do you forever want to be worried about his relationship with his exes? what other relationships would he have with other females- platonic or not- that you will ';find it hard not to worry';about.





Move on/ move away- you deserve better than that!





Read ';The Rules'; by Fein %26amp; Schneider :-PHow do you deal with your partner being friends with an ex?
he's with you not with her! they didn't work so don't worry about it. they're just talking.
I know what you mean---try not to worry. I get that way sometimes too, but hey we all have ex's, and I chose that I didn't want to be friends with him-we talk for the sake of our daughter but that's it. My husband has children with his ex, but he;s with me, so I'm going to trust him. I think it's normal to doubt things every now and again. Good Luck
My husband is not friends with his ex but he does still talk to her from time to time and give her advice, etc. I find it reassuring because I know that if the time ever came that things went sour between us (God, I hope not) then I know I could still count on him to be there for me. We went through the whole disrespect thing too, but he put her in her place and years later she doesn't even bring me into the conversation because she is finally over him (hopefully).





Who ended the relationship makes a big difference too. He ended it with her because he wasn't in love with her and didn't want to deal with being in a relationship with her any more. If it were the opposite way, I'm not sure I'd be so open to him talking to her.





The bottom line is you have to trust him. If he wanted to be with her, he would be with her and not you. As long as he isn't sitting on the phone bashing you with her, then I would not worry about his loyalty to you.





Good luck to you! Because I trusted my husband, we have always had a great relationship and he tells me everything which makes it easier to trust him even more!
I don't and thats because I do not allow it. Not that I don't trust my partner but because I am a woman and I know what we are capable of doing and not to mention there are some very triffling women out there that doesn't give a flip about your relationship. They will do all they can to break up your happy home. So stop this now before it goes to far.
WOW! You must really love him to let this go on . I would say it was ok if she was always cool with you in the beginning ! She must still have feeling for him if she is still trying to be so called friends with him ! Be careful because if he is cool with being friends with her knowing how you feel ,he must feel something deep down inside . There is a test to see how they really feel about each other ! If you have a friend that they have never met or a cousin , have that girl come around and pretend she really hates you and she becomes close with the ex-girlfriend and have your friend or cousin talk to her about her and your boyfriend to see how things are ! GOOD LUCK !
i don't deal with it, my partner isn't friendly with his ex. neither am i
Well it really a terrible situation, i wont lie to you, becos to me it means that they might have been friends even before you stopped dating him your ex.The issue is if you really love your partner, pls do not hide anything for him as a source of past, because your ex can use that to destroy your relationshipand also dont force your guy not been frien to your ex, because this might make him want to know the dirty things you have done.So if you love him let him make friends with whosoever he has chosen and for forget the issue of the ex and see only your partner existing.
dump them both!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment