Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How did you deal with your break-up?

My boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with me a few days ago. I know why and everything, and I'm not exactly trying to win him back... but I do still love him very much, and I feel so alone and hurt at the moment. I don't know what to do, or how to deal with this... but I know life does go on. So what I want to know is, what did you do to help ease the pain of a break-up? I'm not looking for advice as to what I should do, because I would have to figure it out on my own regardless. I just want to hear your stories... how did you cope? How long did it take before you began feeling better? Did you try to work things out with your ex or were you able to just walk away? What was the outcome after everything? I want to hear from real people who went through similar situations to what I'm going through now. Maybe that will help me find the strength I seem to be lacking...How did you deal with your break-up?
Everyone copes in different ways. My last serious relationship was 5 years long. When it ended, I handled it by hanging out with friends and keeping myself occupied with my hobbies. It wasn't easy, but time really does heal all wounds.


After a while, I realized that I really didn't miss her all that much anymore and didn't find myself thinking about her a lot either. That's when I knew I was ready to get back out in the dating world again. I'd say it was maybe a month or two before I started dating again. I tend to get over stuff fairly quick though.

No comments:

Post a Comment