Friday, August 20, 2010

Divorced folks, how is your relationship w/ your ex?

My ex and I have two kids. He has them every other weekend, but I allow him to come to my house during the week to see them b/c he asked to do that and I thought it was best for the kids. He invites himself along to my family functions when the kids are going and I allow that cause I think it's best for the kids. When he comes to pick up the kids,he comes in and hangs out with them for hours before leaving. He goes to my parents house for the holidays. Is this normal for the ex whom you have kids with to hang out sooo much or do most exes just occasional see the ex but do it in a friendly manner. What is too much? I am beginning to think that he is over-stepping my boundaries because I never hang out at his house, never invited to his family functions and never go to his parents to hang out. I know he misses the kids,but this is getting to be too much. Looking to see how others deal with their ex.Thank you so much!Divorced folks, how is your relationship w/ your ex?
He's pushing the boundaries to see how far he can go also there is a possibility that in his mind as long as he's around so much you won't have the time or feel comfortable looking or seeing someone else. You do want to try and stay on good terms with your ex it makes life easier on you and the kids but you need to set limits.Divorced folks, how is your relationship w/ your ex?
you should count your blessings my ex doesn't do sh---t with his kids in fact his daughter was in the ER today and he was off in a limo to atlantic city
My ex overstepped his bounds a few times, but the longer we were divorced, the less he did that. He developed a life of his own and continued to see our son on a regular basis. I haven't seen him in years, but it's because our son is grown and has a family of his own.
My ex lives 3,000 miles away, our child is an adult, it is her choice if she wants to go visit her father, he comes out her on business quite often and it is our daughter's choice if she wants to see him when he is here. I no longer have anything to do with her ';visitation'; with her father, it is her choice. He and I speak on occasion but there really isn't much communication between us other than my sending him the medical bills I've paid for (He is responsible for reimbursing me), and I send him photos from time to time.
Sounds to me like he's realised how good he had it with you and your folks and he needs the line drawn again and shown the door .





Sit him down and simply explain its to much , he needs to step out , yes he is their father , but your family is not his family anymore and it makes you uncomfortable having him think he has a free passage to basically spy on you by being there so much , your divorced and that was his choice so he need's to show you some respect and find a life and form a relationship with his own family he thinks he is still entitled to with your family.





My ex husband and I got along for 6 years out of the 9 we've been seperated he wouldnt even come inside the house christmas day when it was half time swap over , when I went to his house (which was our's) I'd sit outside , after 12 month's he started inviting me in for chat's about the kid's and I'd stay maybe half an hour then leave , I dont see his family even though he has forced a larger wedge between my family and I by being in their lives it got to the point especially after he moved my brother's ex wife in with him that I dont see my family on holidays or birthday's and if they ring I make it a very short phone call.





Divorce means its OVER some men just have issues with this and dont understand it.Tell him to step back and give you your life he was willing to give you when he asked for the divorce.
  • internet security
  • short hair cut
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment