Friday, August 20, 2010

How to tell your ex-partner your getting married?

After 6 years living together we seperated on veteran's day. he cheated on me twice. i have decided to accept my best friends marriage proposal. we have been friends for over 10 years and i know we can have a wonderful marriage. we love each other and relationship. How do I tell my ex-partner that i am getting married with out hurting him more. Because of work we have to deal with each other at least once or twice a week. I still care about my ex-partner but I know that it will never work out. My best friend is a wonderful loving man who has been around waiting for me for almost 10 years.How to tell your ex-partner your getting married?
The only thing you can do is to tell him. Don't feel guilty - it is a reality that he has to face on his own - you're not trying to hurt him. He's a grown man. He'll be okay. Just enjoy n appreciate your faithful best friend.How to tell your ex-partner your getting married?
Hey I am getting Married!!
I am in the very same boat, I decided not to tell him though. I will let him find out on his own if he even does. I mean after all it isn't any of his business, now is it?!
*** i think the first chick who answered is right...just tell him. the thing i question tho' is...are u SURE about this marriage? i'm not saying he's not a great guy, and i'm not saying u shouldn't marry him. i'm just wondering... are u SURE?! you lived w/ your ex 6 yrs...it's been over since veterans day...and now BANG...you're marrying your friend?! i'm thinkin u might want a little time to breathe first. but hey, that's just me.
just be honest
First you must be honest with yourself. If you are that worried about it you must still have feelings for him. Think it over very carefully before you make a very big mistake. I don't think you need to be with someone that cheated on you but you don't need to marry someone that you don't truly love either.
just tell him.....be honest and not mean
just tell him. he'll find out sooner or later and it'll hurt him more if you don't tell him right away or he finds out from someone else.
All you can do is be honest with him and let the chips fall where they may.
I don't get the problem. Do you need to tell him anything?
Are you playing him? If he is a s close as you say he is to you as a friend, he would know this already.
What you do with your personal life is none of his business. Keep it that way.
u dont have to tell him. wait til he sees the ring or hears it thru grapevine at work.
Hmm, you are getting engaged right after getting out a relationship. I believe you are on the rebound ... you are probably using this to avoid the hurt he's given you -- since you stayed with him after being cheated on twice ... whoa





I say try being honest with yourself before you tell either man anything. You need to bring yourseld to reality before you try getting married.
I'm sure he will want you to be happy. I'd just tell him - straight out and see what he says. He's cheated on you, he can't expect you to wait on him.
Why do you care? You are marrying someone else. It is what they think that should matter, not the old boyfriend. Just tell him, or don't. It really isn't any of his business anyways.





Or...do you secretly hope that when you tell him he will tell you he still loves you and wants to marry you. If that is the case...seek professional help.
You could tell him by sending him a wedding invitation.
Dude I'm getting married.





I would question you getting engaged so quickly after ending a long term relationship. Make sure it's not a rebound thing..have a long engagement....IMHO
Why would you bother in telling him??...if you already move on from that relationship that obviously if he cheated on you twice was hurting you more, then put the past behind you and act like is none of his business...which isn't. If you make a big deal out of this ..he will probably think you have feelings for him and you are getting married just to get back to him!..
first of all...congrats on your marrige proposal...just one word of advice...if you still have feelings for you ex partner then the marrige is not going to work...i think you should just tell him becuase either way he is going to have to deal with loosing you...you might not talk for a couple weeks(dont be shocked by this) but you must wait till hes ready to accept that your gone and unavailable...i hope this advice helped...
Just be honest and tell him--that's the only to be.
you can simply tell him at work and if he cares about you he'll except the decision and be happy for you or you could just mail him the invitation (if he's invited)
why are worried of whats he thinks ??
Honesty is the best policy. Just tell him that you care about him but you know that nothing will ever happen between you two again and that you love your best friend. Tell him that you aren't trying to rub it in his face you just wanted to let him know.
just send him a card in the mail inviting him to your wedding!!! they dont reaaly care!!! trust me my father is broken up with my mom and my dad has two girlfriends right now!!!my mom think's he's retarded now!!!
Is it any of his business? Why would it bother him if it were your ex, and what would make you think he cared if he cheated on you twice? We didn't tell my husbands EX that cheated on him. He'll notice once you start signing your name ';Mrs. so and so.'; You don't have to tell him. You don't have to answer to him anymore, just your new husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment